The hotel is located a short walk or hike from a beautiful Northern California beach, Muir Beach, and a few minutes drive from Muir Woods National Park. It is a 20 minute drive from the Golden Gate Bridge on Highway 1.
Hwy 1 detour to Pelican Inn
Following the recent storm, Cal Trans began repair work on Hwy. 1 closing part of it. You can still reach us by taking a short marked detour that takes you past Muir Woods.
Directions from Hwy. 101:
1. Take the Stinson Beach/Hwy. 1 exit in Mill Valley.
2. Turn left at Arco Station (3rd light), staying on Hwy. 1.
3. Proceed 2.5 miles to Panoramic Hwy. junction and turn right (detour sign points this way).
4. Go 1 mile and turn left onto Muir Woods Road (follow Muir Woods signage).
5. Stay on Muir Woods Road till it dead-ends on Hwy. 1. Turn left (ignore closure signage)
6. We are one block further, on your right.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you here over the holidays!
Directions from Golden Gate Bridge (note these directions do not include the detour info above). Proceed north on Highway 101. After five minutes, take the Stinson Beach / Highway 1 exit in Mill Valley. After 2/3rds mile, turn left at the Arco Station (3rd light), staying on Hwy. 1. Drive about 15 minutes. At bottom of hill—after miles of wilderness—the Inn is the first building on the left.
Pelican Inn – 10 Pacific Way Muir Beach 94965