The Pelican Inn
The romantic escape over the hills to the beach…an inn capturing the spirit of 16th century England’s west country awaits you.
Barely 20 minutes from the Golden Gate Bridge, the hospitable Pelican Inn rests at Muir Beach in the sea-blown fog, among the pines and alders, the honeysuckle and jasmine … a lodging refuge between the ocean, Muir Woods and the Northern California National Recreational Area parks.
The Pelican opens its doors to you for the fellowship of its Tudor bar, country cooking, overnight lodging or for a getaway of carefree feasting and relaxation.
Sat. January 24 2015
Burns Night — Robert Burns, the ‘ploughman poet’ is honored the world over on his birthday—wherever Scots gather — from Singapore to Calgary. No poet, not even Shakespeare, gets such attention. At the Pelican’s Burns Night there will be music, poetry and a traditional Scottish feast. RSVP: 415.383.6000.
2015 Exclusive Use Closures
Please note, at 3pm the inn stops service to the general public on the following days:
Sat. Jan. 31
Hwy 1 detour to Pelican Inn
Following the recent storms, Cal Trans began repair work on Hwy. 1 closing part of it. You can still reach us by taking a short marked detour that takes you past Muir Woods.
Directions from Hwy. 101:
1. Take the Stinson Beach/Hwy. 1 exit in Mill Valley.
2. Turn left at Arco Station (3rd light), staying on Hwy. 1.
3. Proceed 2.5 miles to Panoramic Hwy. junction and turn right (detour sign points this way).
4. Go 1 mile and turn left onto Muir Woods Road (follow Muir Woods signage).
5. Stay on Muir Woods Road till it dead-ends on Hwy. 1. Turn left (ignore any closure signage; the road is open for a short distance).
6. We are one block further, on your right.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you here!